Saturday, February 16, 2008

Joy in One’s Voice

2-15-08

Last night I got the best treat. I was able to hear how excited my son was to know that I was coming to see him next Tuesday. John called and hung up. In case you didn’t know, that is the signal to call back so he could save his minutes (there are only a few by now I am sure). Having been hit or miss the last 2 weeks with getting through on the phone, I will gladly use my minutes just to say the 4 phrases I know in Russian, to let him know how much I miss him and Kevin and that I love them both. Maxim got on the phone with him and they talked for about 5 minutes. I am not sure why, but I had so much joy in listening to those 2 talk on the phone. Maxim had a big grin, and John did too. I know John was smiling, because you can hear it in his voice when he is. John asked him questions about how he was doing, and if was he living with Mama and Papa. I could hear in his voice the excitement to talk to his new brother, but also the disappointment that Maxim and Anna are getting to live with Mama and Papi (I love it when he calls me Papi) and he and Kevin still have to wait for us in the Orphanage. I hate this too. I am ready for all of us to be together as a family. I want to have the kind of family time we have had with Maxim and Anna with John and Kevin. I know that time is coming, but as a parent, you learn how important it is to try and keep things equal among your kids. In this case, though it is not our fault and we can do nothing to change it, things are not equal.

So today I am 35. I don’t feel any older; in fact I know I have lost a little weight being here in Ukraine. This is a good birthday present! We will soon go to the Intourist Hotel for a little WIFI action, and then to our favorite place to eat pizza. Anna sang happy birthday to me about 5 times yesterday, and is pretty excited about my birthday. I think she is much more excited than I am… maybe she knows something I do not about today. It was great hearing from Chelle and Ellen yesterday. We also got to talk with Lori several times, who spent the afternoon going to check on our other sons! America is here and ready to visit, the guard proclaimed. We are glad she is there to stand in as our America. She is planning on returning today, and I can’t wait to get that birthday present.

We are eager for court on Monday. I admit I am a little nervous, not sure what to expect, except what we have heard from others who have gone before us. Praying all will go in accordance to God’s plan. I am also not looking forward to being apart from Jenn for 10-15 days waiting for them to finish up the process and paperwork here, until she can join me in Kiev. But we knew this would be a probability. We are so grateful to our Church body for extending my time here. We are still praying about when I might return. It all depends on our court date in Kiev. Pray with us for an early as possible court date there so we can begin the ending of this process here in Ukraine, and start the next “life-long” leg with our family in America. The kids are all ready. Kevin asks us every time we talk, is it time to go to America yet? He asked Lori yesterday if we had returned to America. She assured him we were still in Ukraine.

We love you all. Thank you for walking this long road with us. We are enjoying the journey and are eager for a change of venue when God allows it.

Blessings
Papa Mark

No comments: