Friday, February 1, 2008

A High of 36 degrees today

February 1, 2008

Today was our 6th visit with the boys. We arrived as John called me to find out when we would be coming. I said, dude, we are here. He had gone outside to do something and came running in to change jackets. Kevin came down soon after his call, and wanted me to go with him to join his class outside. So Jenn agreed she would wait for John, and I would accompany Kevin. We played a little soccer and I took some video and pics. Then John and Jenn came and joined us. We talked and walked. Some of the others from previous Hope trips joined us and some new friends and we kicked the soccer ball around, had more snow ball fights, and then they wanted to try a little wrestling with the Papa. Awwww yeah! Again, speaking more of my language, Kevin and others decided to see what I was made of. I enjoyed beating them down, I mean the affection, and we took pictures and more video and ended up on the side with the swings and various other obstacle course and jungle gym type equipment. Jenn took some snacks out and oranges and we shared among us. All in all a good visit with the kids. Tomorrow we will return and visit from 3-5pm, again. Sunday will mark the first away visit from the Orphanage, and we will get the boys around 10ish and go to the Caravan. I am told there are some things to do there, and we will eat and have some fun and talk some more. This will be our last visit with the boys for a little while until I get back from Zap.

I am a little concerned for the boys while we are gone. Again, what we are doing is different than what they have seen. Others have had parents only adopting from their orphanage, or one close by in Kiev. They have not seen a family have to change regions to complete an adoption. So, please pray with us for God’s sustaining grace on our boys. They are using the phone now, not as much today, but checked in twice. John talked a little more tonight than he has previously. He asked us what we were doing, and if the documents were completed yet. We asked him if he was feeling better and he said he only had a little sore throat now. We told him we loved him and we would see him tomorrow. Kevin is hugging me now when we see each other, instead of the handshakes he first did when we would greet each other. They are warming up if different ways every time we see each other. God is answering prayer!

We will probably have a chance to blog once more, before Zap (maybe twice) and then there will be a period of silence. Can’t speculate at this point, but if nothing is available in Zap, then it may be two weeks before I make it back to Kiev to connect. Hopefully not, but I just don’t know what will be available out near the orphanage in the way of internet. It is not close to where the others we know have been, so hang in there and keep praying. We love you all so much! I will be posting some pictures after I blog this so you can “see” what’s going on as well as read.

We hope you have blessed Friday evening. I am thinking about all of you who will be attending Student Life Tour from our church tonight. We wish we were there with you. It is one of the highlights of my Spring and I hate we are missing God’s voice in and through the event. But trust me, we are listening to him hear. He is teaching us much about our adoption in Christ as we are adopting the kids.
Blessings and we will sign in tomorrow!
Papa Mark

No comments: