Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Court was successful!

Thank you all for your prayers.
Just posted some pics from court, where we were deemed the parents of Anastasia Elizabeth and Maxim Gregory Smith yesterday. Now begins the 10 day wait in Zap., and then Jenn, Anna, and Max will join me in Kiev (I came in on the train last night). Maxim decided he wanted to take the name Gregory from his Papa's side of the family instead of Alexander, which I thought was pretty cool. So, Mike, we have to share our initials with another, MGS :)

Please pray for Jenn and my apart phase of this journey! Thank you all for calling and keeping in touch with us. We have really enjoyed talking to all of you who have been able to call. Julia, just spoke with Jenn and she says thank you for calling with the girls last night! It was an awesome blessing to hear from you 3. Sorry I missed it.
Also, I wanted to say good job students! I hear the sweetheart banquet was a sucess! Thank you Mrs. Chelle and anyone else who helped too! I can't wait to be with you guys again. I miss you all like crazy!!!!

We love you so much. We are more than half way done now! Praying to be home as soon as we can.

Please pray for a paperwork issue with John. G is trying to work it out, but it has been a run around deal. More later, but just pray that we get what we need so we can file for court here in Kiev.
Also, pray for Jenn as she is going to meet Anna and Max's biological older bro and sister today.

Family! We are so excited to introduce our kids to you. We look at your pictures and tell them who you are.

More later. I am going to visit John and Kevin in a little while.

Blessings and thanks again for oyur support and prayers.
Mark

9 comments:

Aunt Lisa said...

Welcome to the family, Anna and Max! We can't wait to meet you!
:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh guys, congratulations! I know you are relieved to be at this point. I see the snow from the web cam there and remember our time there not so long ago. Enjoy your time together. You'll soon be home and it will all feel like a dream - except you'll have these children living with you to remind you that it was real!

Again, congrats Mom and Pop!

The Grace's

Unknown said...

YIPPEEEE, Hurrray! I am so excited!! Anna and Max-you have wonderful parents and God truly has given you all a wonderful family!

Love-"Aunt Amanda"-of course my "aunt-hood" will confuse things for a while huh?-jo

Kniphfer's said...

Jen and Mark,
Please forgive us, I just found out from Yana on Friday that you were in the Ukraine and had been there for almost a month! We had no idea. I never got your blogsite and Valerie just shared it with me today.
What a great time to log in and see, you are the proud parents of two beautiful children! God is so good. I am so glad you are at this stage, I am just sorry I have missed all the exciting heartfelt journey thus far? I saw pictuers of Yana. How is she? Tell her I love her? I guess she may be very sad right now and I am sure that must be so hard! Denis never gave me anymore feedback on sponsorship and Valerie says it is almost impossible.
Jen, you were always such the comfort for me during our journey this summer, I am so sorry I have not been there for you! I wanted to be. I will definitley keep up to date now and I will call you now that I have the number.
GOd's Blessings and enjoy your time with your children!
Much Love,
Patricia Kniphfer

Anonymous said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOO! The family picture continues to form. Hey-I think I get to be an Aunt, too! Hang in there, Q-you can do it! I want to call you with every fiber of my being-know I am praying and hanging on your every blogged word.
LOVE,
YMLS

What we are about... said...

Could the smiles get any bigger!!! Congrats you Smith clan!! We love you guys and are soooo happy for you!!!!
Jan

marla said...

Wow! What an amazing day in the Smith family. I am so very happy for all of you. What a beautiful family you have, and what beautiful smiles. I cannot wait until I can just grab them and hug and kiss them. I love you all with all my heart. Once again God blesses us. It just gets better and better. Love, Mom, Mammy, Puff

Ande and Paula Underwood said...

Mark and Jenn,
So sorry I have not posted since I have been stateside. We are home and definitely in the "adjustment" phase. Chris is doing well. He is very glad to be in America and have a family. I have some type of infection- probably stress related!- that has not been diagnosed yet. I don't feel that bad, though. I want to warn you, though. Get all the sleep you can now- the adjustment is exhausting but good. We are drop-dead tired every night by 9 p.m. Please tell all the kids we said hi. Especially give the boys at #21 all our love. So excited that these two are officially yours- now just to get the other two. Tell G and S hello. Love you and I'll call soon!
Congrats again,
Paula

teri said...

WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!