Friday, February 22, 2008

Dancing, Singing, and Tubas, Oh My!

2-22-08

LOL, ok, so one of my sons plays the tuba. Can you guess who? Well if Kevin was your choice, you were correct. I am really not sure what John likes to do or participate in. He did change his mind about skating on Sunday, and said he wanted to go. So, an ice skating we will go on Sunday. Hopefully I can still muster up some ability on some ice skates. It’s been a few years, but it looks like it is the plan.

Today was interesting. I still can’t get a good feel off the boys. I think they are glad I am there to see them, but I am not feeling the love like before we went to Zap. In a call to Jenn and Anna after my visit, John explained school has been really difficult on him the past 2 weeks. So, that might explain a little of his distance. At least the hug and kiss were given freely again today. So I watched their program. Then it was time to spend a little individual time with each, and a lot of individual time with Valera. Valera is one of the guards that stands near the front door to monitor the coming and goings of all who enter and exit. He is also a Mormon minister. Today I got to hear more about his past and current status in the church. He also asked me many questions about scripture and the trinity, about the principles that Baptist believe. We also discussed why he thinks the bible is good, but the book of Mormon is better. I am sure I will get other chances to discuss doctrine and theology with him, but pray for my witness and the ability to communicate in English so that he understands. He knows English pretty well, but some of the religious terminology we both were using, we couldn’t understand one another.

That is it for tonight for me. Lori and I went to Oleg and Oksana Magdych’s house tonight. It was an incredible boost for my system. They are some of the greatest people I know here in Ukraine, and I was so glad to hang out with them. I am going with Lori to the Radooga office Wed. and maybe Thursday, Magdych and I will get to hang out again.
Jenn is doing ok. I know she is tired. Today we found out that we will have to wait the 10 days before moving forward there in Zap. So, Feb. 29th, the papers will be official, and the final out processing will begin, and maybe by mid next week, March 3-7 sometime, she will be able to join me in Kiev. Pray for her endurance. I know she is getting no breaks with our sweet kids. She is tired. She called me today and said talk to your kids please so I can go to the bathroom for just 10 minutes alone.
G. is still trying to locate death certificate for John’s mother so he can complete our paperwork here to submit for court. Pray that tomorrow he will find help, and be given the correct documents. Goodnight dear friends from this side of the world. This is the latest I have been awake since I have been here. Thank you for your continued prayers.

Papa Mark

No comments: