Friday, January 25, 2008

Who’s on First, What’s on Second

January 25, 2008
So we received a call from G this afternoon that he picked up the paperwork for John and Kevin. So as of right now, we have permission to visit with M, A, O, & O. G was also told they found the file on Z’s brother, but nothing yet on him. So, not sure what this means at this point. We will go Sat. (tomorrow) morning to the Inspector and get the official paper to visit the kids to go along with what G has already picked up, at 10 am. Monday morning, we are invited at 10am to visit the director of John and Kevin's orphanage. Hopefully, we will also be allowed to see them. Maybe by Wed. we will be able to submit all papers for court here and see what happens with a date. If a date is relatively soon, then we will stay and continue this party. If it is more than 2 weeks, we may travel on down to Zap to get things started there. Either way, we should know the plan maybe by mid to end of next week.
What we are looking forward to for now, is going to meet with the director on Monday, and getting to see the boys! Trust me, it will not come soon enough for this Papa. I have felt a little like we are not moving forward, even though I know we are. Many of you who have walked this are thinking, just wait, you have only begun to feel like you are having some idle time. Well, this is where I am now, and I am being honest. Today was another rest day, except that we got a phone. Which, at this point I can’t really use to call anybody, (haha) but it felt like another accomplishment in moving forward. I just want to be with the kids … no offense to the company I am keeping, but dude! Let me at them … there is so much to learn, so much time to catch up on. All I can think is that we saw them, and now they are like, “where have they been for the past week?” “Was that real, did we dream that? “ Not for me, it was so real, and the memory is great, but I am ready to make some more like that! It has been good to connect with a few of you on IM. Chelle, Terry, Ben, and Pam. I hope to see more of you on when we are able to connect to home.
Family! Mom Dad Lisa, and Mike if you are all checking, I love oyu and appreciate your prayers!!! Mom and Lisa thanks for posting and for the personal emails!!!
Love getting your thoughts and comments.
Simon family!!! I really appreciated your kind words, and knowing you are eager to read daily means a lot. I will do my best to keep them coming, even though writing is more Jenn’s forte’. But as long as the idle time holds out, I will try and do something constructive. As soon as we can get a photo opportunity and are able to share some good pics, we will post, I promise. We can’t keep taking pictures of Lyova to much, don’t want to damage his eyes.
Youth and Members of Olivet … thank you so much for your faithfulness to pray, to ask how things are, to call, to comment on our blog! We miss you guys so much! I can’t believe we are only just over a week now. In many ways it seems like longer, and then there are times where it only feels like a few days have passed. Most of the time I am trying to remember what day it is, without my routine events and reminders of what is on the schedule for each day. I hope you know we are praying for you all. We miss your hugs, your faces, we miss worship with you. I can’t believe we will miss Student Life Tour too! Oh, but good news, our friend Ben Bryant and his youth will be joining us for camp at Student Life in June. We are so excited to be able to share that experience with them. He is another one of those crazy BSU people you hear us talk about all the time from our college days. He is as crazy as Teri Tolbert or Jerry Howard. You will love him.
So those are some of my thoughts about life tonight. Jenn and Lori went for a walk, maybe to the market to find something to snack on.
So that is my report from Friday. Up and at it in the morning, church on Sunday, and Monday to the orphanage!
Love you all! Tune in next time for the Smith update.
Blessings!
Until He is Known,
Papa Mark

2 comments:

Aunt Lisa said...

Of course we're checking in. I log on, like, once an hour to see if there's anything new on that end. And the kids ask daily for word on their new cousins.

We love you too. Keep keeping us posted... especially once you're able to see your kids again.

L

marla said...

I sent you an email with good news. Yes, I am as bad as Lisa, I check all day for my next chapter. Larry calls every day to check on your progress, Aunt Daisy, Cousin Keri, and the list goes on. You are prayed for so much each day, you are truly blessed and you have truly blessed all of us. I cannot wait for more on my grandchildren. Love you all. Mammy