Monday, January 21, 2008

Sacred

This is the song Mark was talking about that captured our hearts and makes us think about what a blessing it is going to be to learn to love the sacred in all things we do to serve our kids.

You should have seen John's face when I told him that yes I did work, but I can work any time to 
my hours done... then I said, "So I am yours all the rest of the time" You guys, his smile was my 
hearts answer to what my calling is at this moment. Will I get tired? Sure I have been around 
enough professional Mom's to know this is going to happen. But this Rookie is thrilled to be looked 
at with the love of those beautiful eyes and to hear his heart through that look that was excited to
know I am really going to be there for him. 

Sacred by Caedmon's Call ~ Over Dressed CD 


this house is a good mess
it's the proof of life
no way would I trade jobs
but it dont pay overtime

Ill get to the laundry
I dont know when
Im saying a prayer tonight
cause tomorrow it starts again

could it be that everything is sacred?
and all this time
everything Ive dreamed of
has been right before my eyes

the children are sleeping
but theyre running through my mind
the sun makes them happy
and the music makes them unwind

my cup runneth over
and I worry about the stain
teach me to run to You
like they run to me for every little thing

when I forget to drink from you
I can feel the banks harden
Lord, make me like a stream
to feed the garden

wake up, little sleeper
the Lord, God Almighty
made your Mama keeper
so rise and shine
rise and shine cause

everything is sacred
and all this time
everything Ive dreamed of
has been right before my eyes

If you are worried about the Laundry today, we highly encourage you to skip it and go to the park or color, or blow bubbles but whatever you do, hug your kids close and know they are special people who need your time more than clean socks and well dusted end tables. Nothin wrong with that... but today :) just play!

We love you guys...
Love
Mark and Jenn.

No comments: