Friday, January 18, 2008

We now resume our regular programming


Ok :) we are here with Lori, Denis & Oksana at the apartment in Kiev.

Want to let you know all the details but the short version is LOL we are here :)

Mark wants you all to know that we spent our first 16 hours here in UA asleep :) OMGosh... can you say wipe out?

Ok so flights were awesome! Had a great trip. All five bags made it. So glad there were not more than that, and so is Mark!

Bogdon got us at the airport and Sergey was our driver :) WE LOVE THEM! So thankful for their help. To God be the glory the elevator at Lori's is working as she is on the NINTH Floor of their complex... Dear Jesus may it work a long time... Feel free to pray that with me :)

When Lori told us she had talked to the whole family even Lova the cat about our being here, we trusted her... however... around 3 am Lova was not happy with the fact he could not get into his room. He let the complex know it. We made friends this morning. Photo to follow.

Ok so going through customs was a hoot. We thought we had to go red line which I guess we did not, but we did so whatever... long story short there was only one card in English that you could fill out to declare or not declare so I being one to try to do my best to keep things easy, got Mark's filled out in English and mine in Ukrainian b/c I could just "translate it myself" by following the English one... figured it would save time. Ummm no. Got up to the lady and she asks me, "Can you read this?" I said "No ma'am" she says in her most positive Ukrainian demeanor  "you... take this, go there, fill out and return. You fill out in English" so Mark goes on through and waits for me on the otherside I fill the form back out (the same way only now on the English form) and we are off. 

Bless S's heart. She had no idea we were going to be getting here that day but she did find out and called Bogdon to come and get us. We are so glad we are here. So thankful for your prayers and so thankful for all God has done for us. Got to share a prayer time with Rebecca in the airport in Pcola. Please do pray for she and her family esp. her two girls. :)

ummmm ok more later but for now we are going to try to hook up with S and Paula Underwood. The weather is good today :) I've decided no matter what the weather will be good every day!

Mark and I love you guys. Please love on each other for us and know that we are thinking of you and can't wait to get our kids home to you all :)

BIG LOVE TO EACH OF YOU!

The Smiths... All finally "here" :)

7 comments:

Chris G. said...

Awesome! Glad to know you made it. Know that we are all watching, praying and thinking of you guys all the time. Can't wait to hear more of your incredible journey.

Love you guys.

The Graces

Papa John & Nanny said...

Dear Jennifer
Your mom and I are both so happy you and Mark arrived safe and sound.
Love ya,
Dad

Calyn said...

Wait, is that person C.H.L.?

I think you should be able to translate that.

I am glad you and all your stuff made it. Lyova is very tempermental. Talk to him like an adult and he should treat you kindly. ;0)

Church Family said...

I'm glad yall made it there safe. Hope the weather stays nice. Be safe and know that you are in our prayers. Love yall and miss yall.

Shelby.

Church Family said...

Glad you and your luggage made it in one piece. Although I'm sure they were extra careful to make sure the luggage made it, No one else would want to have to carry that much weight!!! I don't understand why that lady would question your intelligence of reading that card!! We love and miss ya'll!! Take care. And don't freeze!!
Love, Martin's

Melissa said...

I LOVE YOU!! YAY! Glad you are safe and well rested. Wish I was there...

marla said...

I am so excited that you both made it with very few problems. Stay bundled up and warm. You know, cats can be very warm and cuddly if you make real good friends with him/her!! Something to consider when the temp drops. Thank you very much for letting us all know that you are there. Can't wait to hear about the kids. Love, Mom