Sunday, March 30, 2008

We now resume our regularly scheduled program...

So... all is good...

Got boys on Fri. Went down town and got pics for ids for John and Kevin. Came out and ran into Lori and Anna... The chances of this happening are zero to none. We were invited to join Bogdon and the group of orphans that he was hosting from the south from a school for the invalid children. We were so thankful to be invited to go with them. They had this really nice huge tour bus and we had room to spread out and really LOOK at the city as we went from one end to the other and back. We went to see a 4D movie... The kids LOVED it... They played games together in the archade, and then got back on the bus to go to children's memorial park and eat pizza.

We left there and went to the Ukainian "Zoo Park." I never want to hear an American Zoo talk about the conditions for their animals again. You will be happy to know that only one child was eaten by a tiger here last year... OMG... I'm so glad he was sleeping... You will also be happy to know that when Kevin tried the door that says "DO NOT OPEN" in Russian clearly on the sign to the area that housed creatures like snakes, bugs, coy fish, the aligator, like an indoor atrium... that when it DID OPEN he promptly closed it and nothing got out... I ushered them out quickly regardless... know you are all proud of my choice...  

Got to the apartment and had a little trouble with a habit of Kevin's that will need some attention when we get to the states... Lori and I talked with him and he is going to work on it before we leave too :) I then um, took a little side trip, on my way back from the market... it created a bit of a stir here, (Full story upon arrival in US not fit for internet publication ~ Let's just say I am now well acquainted with some antique equipment here in Ukraine that would never make it on the set of present day "Grey's" All is well, and I have a lovely momento of my time here. :) No Comments or Q's here on blog, private email only thank you.)  and we called Oleg Magdych :)   He and his family helped us out and it was so awesome for our kids to get to know them. Oksana, his wife, took all four of our kids to the market and they look like they have been to "Extream Makeover Ukrainian Edition." They all now have a pair of new jeans, a  new shirt, and a pair of new slide shoes to wear that do not have holes and that WILL make it for the rest of this journey till we can get to America and get them things from there. She did what I never could have done and did it for $120 USD. I would have opened my mouth and spent that much for a pair of jeans and shirt as soon as I were found out as an American. I stand amazed. We are so thankful for the Magdych family. They gave me much needed help, wisdom, and a chance to recover from some of my time here... God has provided for our family all along the way and we are so thankful. I can never give back what has been given to me by our friends here in Ukraine or in America to help us get our family together...

The kids are good... bonding to each other, ready to get past this week... they told me they can make it till Friday. I am so thankful for their dilligence... they are pushing through the wacko circumstances that keep coming our way and they are over coming daily things before my eyes that I can't immagine myself going through at their ages. I have to return the boys tonight to 21 for the last time before next Friday. They have "school" this week so I can't get them out to spend the night it is "impossible" so we are thankful for the time we have had and are looking forward to Friday's meeting with Alla, the local administration, and CPS of Ukraine... I will bring flowers and then we will all leave 21... my looking back will be in months to come but I can promise you it will not be on Friday.

Hey Lori's Bday is on April 3rd... ya'll please pray for her, and if you want to post Bday wishes to her you can do it on our blog and she will read them there :) you can send them to this post :) she has been so good to us and we are so thankful to her... we can't wait to get her to the states in May and share some loving stateside with her too :)

We are thankful for your prayers... please keep lifting us up... (Dad that was for you) :)

Much Sympathy to the Carington Family and the church family of Olivet in the Homegoing of Sister Shirley. My prayers have been especially for Brother Ed, and for Ms. Lois. I know that this has been so very hard for you and I am praying for your comfort. Please know that while I am not there physically I am thinking of you each and asking God to wrap His arms around you and for you to recieve His peace.

Love from this side of the planet...

Jenn.

PS... Papa... John is begging, for his ear to be pierced... I have told him that this is up to you. I have your back... love this long distance parenting! Oh... btw.. if he gets to pierce his ear, then Kevin and Max want theirs done also... & I get a Tatoo :)

 

5 comments:

teri said...

Oh Jenn wait till you get back to the states to get the tattoo..i can recomend a good place! (rotflmbbo)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! we have found that the UA kids are pretty good at doing their own piercings. - especially when angry. Does that still get you a tatoo, Jenn?

Love and blessings,

Chris and Gina

Anonymous said...

For the 3rd:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LORI! I think you are awesome-a literal Godsend. And, I know the Smiths love you as a member of the family and cherish their time with you. Thank you for all of your grace.
J & M's MLS

Smith Family ~ "Party of Six" said...

Dear Jenn and John,

When you both are old enough and decide to move out and support yourselves, and are not living under my roof, then you may get your tatoos and piercing. Ha Ha

I love you both ... how did that sound as the authoritative father ... just praciticing

p.s. Chris Grace and Teri Tolbert will you please run all comments through me first. ..ROFL

Kristi said...

Lori,
I wanted to let you know that you are such an amazing woman, and on April 3rd....(don't know the year).....God saw that it was good and to know that He knew, even then, where He would have you today. I am so thankful (and I am sure that I can speak for the entire church family)that you are there with that part of the Smiths. What a peace to know that God has placed you so near to them, not just in physical presence, but in their lives.....Your life bears such beautiful fruit. I can't wait to meet you this summer in person!
Maybe you can teach us a class on "How to earn a vwoopin card"
God Bless you, sister...you are Amazing!
Love in Christ!