Tuesday, March 25, 2008

tidbits.

Ok... so we left off at the kids sister visiting.

That turned out to be a nice day for them, and not a good time for John and Kevin. John was not happy with me for cooking for everyone while Anna visited with her sister and felt like I was "not being strong" by serving them food insted of Anna and Max doing it. I explained the best I know how but they were not thrilled by my servanthood at that point. Working on it.

Max begged his sister for new shoes * Note they know they are suppose to wait till the states for some things and I have good reasons for that... one of those Max learned today... later...

The gifts that went back and forth between the siblings was normal, understandable but not kosher with my boys since they didn't get any thing not even a candy bar when the sister knew they were here and I have them. It was kind of stinky.

I took the boys out for a few min. on their own, and got them a drink and some sunflower seeds, a dollar store watch and you would have thought I got them the hope diamond. Needless to say it was resolved fairly well. Longer version if you want it later.

Nice walk to the Green line terminal from our appartment this am. Met up with G. and then headed to go to the medical clinic for Anna and Max where they were cleared to go and got first in series of Hep B shots and had blood drawn. Were told not to bathe for two days, they loved that, and told not to eat "chocklick" for two days which Anna said was, "shocking" and to any Ukrainian it really is. To tell them no candy especially "chocklick" is like saying "please hold you breath and do not breath for two days." you see the drama and understand my point.

Embassy visit tomorrow for these two.... suppose to apply for their visas... not sure how that will happen since presently papers I need from Mark I think are not here yet, will see how that goes, not sure why I was told to go and get the appt. if they don't have an answer to how to fix it so there must be one, surely no one would send me on wild goose chase for no reason here in Ukraine... Right? Of Course...

Two quick interesting notes:

1. yesterday at the market, John was asking a vendor a question at a stall, when he and Kevin turned to leave the woman asked him, "are you from the orphanage" his reply was swift and confident freaking himself out evident by the shock and then grin that registered, "NO!" Kevin said, "Me too, I am not from the orphanage." and smiled at me. John looked and repeated the conversation in russian again and looked so proud to say again, "NO!" in answer to the woman's question! I'll take baby steps with the Big Boy... any steps I can get.

2. Anna today was observing some girls on the bus home. They were all very "emo" lip rings, all in black, buttons that said, "I love emo" etc... They were not quiet on the bus which is not typical of the way you act, and didn't exactly call the conductor "sugar" if you get my drift in Russian. When they got off, she looked at me and said, "Mom, she had a hole in her lip, and her friend had two. Shocking!" I asked her in my baby talk Russian with a hint of sarcasm, "Shto? Tee ne budish tosha?"   "what,you don't want one too?" she rolled her eyes at me. Guess we are safe on that one for a while.

3. Max has a fat daddy blister on his foot from his new shoes... and was not happy with me when I grinned at him and said, "hummm maybe this is why Mama said wait till America to buy shoes."  He grinned back and said, "Maybe" in English... it is so on with these two... ROFL.

Lori is on her way over in the rain... this is a huge thing... Lori doesnt have to come out in the rain/ almost snow for sure!! and we are going to have eggs and cheerios for dinner... we are happy with this choice. We are making soup for the kids. :) & Anna and Max both got a "tablet" when they got home of the "chocklick" variety to ward off any thing offensive in the weather. Anna thought this was a good choice... :) 

Tomorrow promises to be "very interesting" and long we are starting at 9:30 one stop past Zodi on the green line to go find a little piece of America here in UA. Pray for peace and justice I could use a little of both.

Love,

Jenn & Crew...

PS no visit with 21 today since kids had shots and it is raining. going out tomorrow post embassy...

 

No comments: