Saturday, March 22, 2008

"Beckman Returns"


So Jan and Jerry Williams brought Max a Batman outfit. He asked me at the conference if he could wear it to bed. I was cracking up. He wasted no time putting it on when we got to the apartment... OMG... is he too cute or what? BTW, not that I think I should, but I am going to tell you that the man is a size 8... this gives you perspective on what happens to kids who do not have proper nutrition in the orphanages. Remember cronologically he is 12.

Batman eats a piece of candy lop eared...


















Every Mom wants to eat dinner with her "souper hero" Beckman and I in our kitchen, yes my fanny is touching the ref, as I bend over, and touch the table... We have had a long day. It has been a good one over all. We are so thankful for our time at the conference. So glad to have seen so many smiling faces and so thankful for His Spirit which was needed to drive out some of the darkness that is so overwhelming at times. We took a break from dealing with the metro today and just took a taxi back and forth to the conference. It was really nice to be above ground and see how things fit together. I even figured out a short cut to the Green line metro stop. Not that it is really that short, or that I use it much anymore with the boys on the Red line stop but it was good to know :) Since we were up late last night, and early this morning, and since I am sure that at 3am our kids were up and had their door open making sure Poppy didn't leave before they got up, bed time is going to be on time tonight.. I know Mark will be proud. LOL. He says he is the only one who can get them in bed on time. :) I am going to give it a shot tonight.

The boys get here tomorrow at 11 and we have them till Monday night. We got a phone call from the kids sister Luda... she is going to travel to Kiev and will be here on Monday and leave Monday night. Please pray for a good, safe, pleasant visit.

Anna is presently reading out of a book that I got at the conference that is a devotional in Russian... She has been really swallowing up all things she can find on Christ, and I will not be suprised at all if she is asking Him to be her all and all soon. They had a lot of vendors there that had things I wish I had really known that was going to be the case but I am so thankful for the few things I was able to pick up that are for the kids in their own language to learn about Christ. God is just so good.

In case I do not get to tell you tomorrow, Happy Easter... you are loved. You are appreciated. You are thought of... Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for taking care of my husband... I miss him more than I can tell you...
Love,
Mama, Anna, and Beckman for the Smiths ;)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Church Family said...

Ok thats funny. Anyway you sound like you are having fun. Mr. Mark made it home safe and sound. I was great to see him. I now really miss you.

I love and miss you,
Tricia

Smith Family ~ "Party of Six" said...

My son, Beckman ... not to be confused with Batman.

I am so glad you guys had a good time at the conference. I love you and miss you very much. Damian wants to borrow the costume.

marla said...

Happy Easter to all of you. How many grandmohers have a super hero for a grandchild? But, I must ask...who or what is Beckman? What am I missing? What fun! Talked at lenght with Mark, he misses you all so much, but I enjoyed the stories about the kids. Love to all in Christ. Mammy

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn and gang,
It was so good to see Mark this morning at church. I gave him a big hug. Now we can't wait to have you and the kids come home.
Praise God for Anna's believing. All of you are just beginning a very exciting adventure. Take good care of yourselves and we will continue to pray.
Happy and blessed Easter,
Love, Linda and Grover