Monday, March 24, 2008

...Rainy Days and Mondays...

OK that is a bad dating... maybe some of you won't get it those of you who do please don't comment on my Carpenter's Moment.

So last night at around 8 we got a call from Luda who as you may recall is Anna and Max's sister. She said that she would board a train from Zaph take it over night and be here at 7am. She asked for someone to come and meet her at the station. Not really all that easy to do with 4 kids, but not something I was unwilling to do either b/c she said that she was afraid and wouldnt be able to do this by herself. After I agreed to be there... and hung up... Max informed me that in fact she would have her boyfriend with her. They wanted to come visit the kids. He is from Moldova and they have not been to Kiev. So... my clan stayed up er hummmmm late... it was a huge party and they had a great time. Let's say 6 came early.

I was on the marchutca at 6:00. At the metro and at "Voksana" (which I learned today is something like "train station" or something obvious like that duh...) and got off to go and get the crew. Lori, once again, our angel, was here for the kids... which is good, b/c there was a bomb threat for the train to the south that kept their train from getting here until after 10. I of course had little info on all this as I was solo flying... First I heard 7, then 9:10, then 10:10... by 10:30 I was frozen (in and out of train station waiting for the different times that I was told that I could expect the train and travelers.) It was raining, the wind was "wow" cold. I was folding when I saw Luda in front of McDonalds. ummm no comment.

Got them back to the apartment and it was on. The boys did their best to be cool, and I mean that very literally. They wanted NONE of this visit. They basically were not happy that it was happening in the first place. I understand. A trip with them later to the magazine to get a dollar store watch and the mother load of sunflower seed bags (4uah for a gian bag, they were in hog heaven) and we were all on good terms again.

Anna and Max are loving being with their sister, and her friend and I am thankful they wanted to come and spend the time with them. It is good for them to have another visit before the kids go stateside for a while. All is good.

Still have our guests... so this will be short... more later... but wanted to let you guys who are waiting to hear know that we are all ok, no one is the worse for wear, except poor Lori who is going to be so ready for us to get lives in another country! :) she is THE BEST... and we love her. Ya'll keep praying for her ;)

Lovin from over here to over there :)

J & Clan.

2 comments:

Smith Family ~ "Party of Six" said...

I love you so much. You are such an amazing Mom, and I praise God that He gave me you as my partner to take this journey with. I am praying for your endurance and for rest when there is no time to do so. I know He can multiply it and give you strength! Thank You Lord Jesus for Jenn. Thank You for how she is fearfully and wonderfuly made. I praise You that You have chosen her to be the mother of our kids. God give her the ears to hear, when the language is not her own, the wisdom to understand, and the knowledge to know what to do. Let her be Christ for our children to see and know Him, without even having to speak a word. Allow His light to shine through her! I pray in Jesus name, Amen.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful prayer for my (your) sweet Jennifer! You are a good gut and I am so glad that she has YOU!
Much love,
the babysitter