Friday, March 21, 2008

Past Pretense.

It's Good Friday... That has always been an oximoron to me. How could it be good when Christ suffered so much, and yet we have so much to be thankful for because He did. I love Jesus. I love Jesus and so does my Husband and we are settled into His grace for good.

Our boys did not have school today regardless of what we have been told.

Our boys do not have school tomorrow, they are going down town to Kreschatyk to play games regardless of what we were told. And are not here to night to spend one night with us as a full family before their Father leaves for America... They will not join us at the conference because there are "too many people there, and they might get a virus" and "it would be too hard for me to keep up with four children at a conference "like this" when I have many people I might want to be speaking with."  NOTE... HELLO... I might have to take care of all four of them for the rest of my days I am their MOTHER now... & get this... Our boys will be DOWN TOWN... ON A SATURDAY... ON KRESCHATYK... Ya don't think there might be a couple of people down there who could have a cold do ya? I am way past pretense at this point forgive me for letting it fly...

There are other stories from today, which my husband will relay in person, or which I can tell you in person if you see me and ask or call later and I'll let ya know. For now, just know that we are thinking about all that it means to be a Christian. We are clear on the fact that because we are and because we had intentions to allow our boys to be at this conference this weekend that we are denied the privilage of their company.

For you Brothers and Sisters out there, I say this, Sunday is coming... Our Sunday is not as early as the 23rd in some ways... and you hear me... but it is coming... and soon we know there is a day when we will be able to walk in the fullness of who we are with our whole family. Sunday is coming. Think about the freedom you have to tell your kids all about what today means. Think about the freedom you have to take them places and teach them what your family believes, so they are free to make a choice for themselves.(Deut 6) Walk in the fullness of your identity with them and enjoy every minute of it... Do not take it for granted :) Do not take HIM for granted. Sunday is coming... I'm looking forward to it more and more EVERYDAY...

We have had a day... but it pales in comparison to what Good Friday means. Please in everyway embrace this day for the suffering and the beauty that it really is...

We love you, :)

The Smith Family.

 

 

No comments: