Thursday, March 13, 2008

So tell me how you really feel?


Ok, so let's face it... there are times we all feel like this... & I have to be honest and tell you that last night/today was one of those for me. Anna and I ended up staying here at the apartment today and just having some Mama /Daughter time. We both needed it. You guys have asked how we are, and we are fine. You have asked how we are doing, and we are doing fine... but in those good and fine moments there are also a few here and there that are not so good and fine. The culture stress sometimes gets you and occassionally you are thinking of things that are not so nice when you should be blessing those around you with a nice attitude. That is called human. So for the times I think ugly things of the people who look in my shopping cart and then talk about how much I am spending, and I shoot them the (ha ha you thought I was going to have a pet like Max) look that says I do understand what you just said and it was rude, or the times that I push back on the metro I have to ask for forgiveness. Today, shame on me, I didn't feel like it.

We have had some hysterical times too. A couple of really funny things:

At Pazahta Khata (which actually means "pot belly" not fat house, hummm didn't know that till Lori explained it) Max was being a funny guy and we knew it about trying to eat his food. We just didn't know how funny till Lori told us he said, "And Maxim said to himself, where is my fork?" Which may be more a location joke but it was funny to us at the time. The fact that he does refer to himself and often as "Master of the House" is also amusing.

Anna last night ate some serious garlic and then was on the metro breating all up in my grill. Finally I said to her, "Anna foo Garlic" which she was like,"mom I didn't eat Garlic" and we were like yes you did and reminded her, then she is all breathing on me again asking me if it smells bad, I'm like "uh yeah! I already addressed that!" she is laughing her socks off and thinks she is so funny asking me, "Mom Garlic, are you cold?" (which you say "Holadna" so she was stressing that "H" in my face. ) I was laughing and almost crying at the same time, so we get off the metro and she is digging in her bag and she finds a small thing of mouth wash which she swigs and then she is looking for a place to spit. So she does over the metro tracks. We are laughing at this and trying not to fall down the 20 steps to the bottom of the stop. Then she misunderstand as she GARLICS in my face again that her breath is ok, and thinks I said no. So she swigs again, only this time we are stuck in the people and in the metro underground, no place to spit. so she is trying not to spit on herself and every one else... and we walk up the other 20 steps and get outside. SHe is not satisfied to spit now in a very public place at the Darnesya metro stop... so she is walking around swishing and looking for a safe place to unload. Meanwhile she finds a stall selling tights and she is like, stopping me and asking me through her pursed lips and garggle, "Mom Moshna" which is, "Mom Can I have" and I am like "NO! SPIT!" she is like no way... and so finally we find a place and she spews... She is so funny ya'll.

Kevin called tonight, he was like, "What is Maxim doing?" We told him eating, but not really he didn't want his dinner. Kevin was appauled.
"Mom! Mom~ Maxim no eat, no cd player, no computer, no phone!" Gotcha buddy you now have a keeper... Your Brother~

Max told us the other day, he didn't understand English or Russian, he spoke Chineese.

Please keep praying with us about John. We are hopeful more time out of the internot and more time home with us will make things better. We need to know what is going on with him and behind his cool behavior right now... he is not connecting like he was when we first got here. Please pray for him and for us...

Much lovin from the crew.
Here is to tomorrow...
J
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Look out Nim's Garden......I will bring my interpreter, Max!
Hello to all and I so much enjoy the descriptive stories of those precious children. It seems that each day closer to ya'll coming back to the states, the more anxious I get about starting things here.....I can't wait to do home school field trips eventually!
I love you ALL so much and pray for you often!

Church Family said...

Hey ya'll sounds like you are having some very interesting times. I can't wait till I get to meet them.

I love and miss ya'll,
Tricia