Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mark Returns

March 29, 2008

So, not as glamorous as the return of Jaws, or Superman, or Batman ... But I am home nonetheless. I am torn being here, but it is how it is. Jenn and I had prayed much about me staying or returning and we really felt like this was the right thing to do. A shout out to Olivet, our church. They have been sooooooo gracious in allowing me to be gone 10 weeks, and offered to allow me to stay to see this through.

I am cracking up at the comments about leaving half of me in Ukraine ... come on people, I only lost 30 lbs ... the tuff part is going to be to not eat at La Hacienda every day until my family gets home ... I took it easy this week, and only ate their food 3 times. LOL no weight has been gained back in eating La Ha ... unless my scale is dishonest.

I have enjoyed being back and being able to be a part of the ministry I am called to once again. I just came in from working on our new garage/shed. If things ever go bad in the house, i now have a well built haven to escape to ... and the keys to lock myself in. Oh, and Jenn you are more than welcome to come with me.

I wanted to first say thanks to all of you who have lifted us up in prayer. We have needed it! Everything, at times, has challenged us. Culture, people, activities of daily living, the children, the process, our spiritual walks .... but because you were praying, God has been so faithful to lift us up ... out of the mire and put our feet on a sturdy rock. I know there is much more unsteady ground to tread, but He truly sees you through the tuff spots.

Today, I want to give a shout out to some friends. Lori is one of them, as you have read on these pages. She is continuing to be there and suffer along side of us. Please pray for her endurance to continu doing the ministry and school work she is called to, while she selflessly aids our family. But I also want to mention the Magdych family. Oleg (yes another Oleg) and his lovely wife Oksana. Oleg, a very busy man directing Radooga ministries along side yet another Oleg and friend of ours, saved the day today. No need to go into details on here, but I am so grateful for the kindness he and Oksana showed to our family, to my wife and kids, that I had to publically say thanks on here. Our friends and family so appreciate your kindness and are reminded of what Jesus says in the gospels ... When you do this to the least of these, you do it for me, my brethren (loosely paraphrased). So God bless you Magdych family for loving people and for allowing yourselves to be used in yet another way to show the love of Christ.

Three weeks seems like a long time .... but I know in the scheme of this adoption, it is but a short time to be united as the Smith family, finally to be at home, together. Thank you for continuing to pray for Jenn and the kids. We love you!

Papa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would argue you left more than half of you in the Ukraine, since your wife *and kids* are there!!!! :):) At least you left a chunk of your heart there, to be returned sooner rather than later, God willing.
YMLS