Saturday, April 5, 2008

watered down coffee...

Today…

Walk with Me… by Caedmon’s call makes more sense to me than it ever has when I have ever listened to it.

Walk with me quiet, walk with me slowWith watered down coffee and words of goldI can feel the edges of these thingsWhen I hear you speak to me, so walk with me
Walk with me empty, walk with me strongThe hush of our voices, when the day seems so longIt is like a balm, it is like a jewelIt unravels all I thought I knew
Will you lead me, beside the still watersWhere the oil, it runs over, and my cup overflowsYou restore my soul
Tell me the story, where old is made newThe promise of ages, and all things that are trueWhen the shadows fall and the wrecking ballSwings and tears me through the heart

I get it ya’ll. I stinkin get it… I get so much all in one moment. In several. I’m living Back Home. Like you have no idea… but if you listen with my ears today, I am absolutely living the whole of this CD. More than that I am my own lessons with my children.

I get that there are moments when we lie to God.
I get that we are fearful of Him as our parent.
I get that we don’t have to be.
I get that it is a disappointment each time we say that we will not sin again and then do.
I get that we need an interpreter.
I get that that interpreter has one unreal job… and has to be so good at it.
I get that thanking our interpreter is impossible. Utterly.
I get that we all have a longing for a home we have not been to… and a fear of it.
I get that we all look back. We all want Egypt because it is all we know.

I get it…

I get that sometimes God gets so irritated with my sin that he says “enough.”
I get that sometimes God even waits us out, basically, putting in his own “ear pieces” and hearing only praise music waiting for the time when all has cooled down enough to listen with love and favor. K… maybe that one is too much of a stretch but I’d like the latitude right now, and I am asking with a good heart J promise.

A zillion things tumble into place in my head, in my heart… this journey is as much for me as it is for them… some how for you too… not sure how, but I believe it.

“eve so” ~ the end…
AWAKE MY SOUL ~
The image of God invisible, the first born of all lifeBefore and within, he holds it all inOne name, one faith, one Christ
No one is good enough, to save himselfAwake my soul tonight, to boast nothing else
I trust no other source or name, nowhere else can I hideThis grace gives me fear, and this grace draws me nearAnd all that it asks it provides
No seam in this garment, all my rags to hideNo less than your love, for Jesus is mine
When I stand on the edges of JordanWith the saints and the angels besideWhen my body is healed, and the glory revealedStill I can boast only Christ
To boast nothing else...
Caedmon’s …Back Home…
How appropriate J

No comments: