Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Luke 15...

So, yesterday was interesting, as many of you stateside folk know, and I will remind you again, no comments here thank you :) email only, I got a frist hand up close and personal Luke 15 experience... and I aint talking money. I have now gotten to play a whole new part in the story, never thought I would be in that place. Learning so much about my Dad and His great love. When your charming daughter asks you for "her" pictures (you know the ones you bought to get her documents to get her visa, ids, etc) and she wants them now not "later, we need to go right now to get some documents later you can have them." You should know that there is a storm front forming. This one was a wee bit bigger than I anticipated over a picture. I am sure it is also that she is not hot to go and get any more documents and (know this is personal but at this point I feel justified in sharing) she is PMSing. Lucky me. All's well that ends well, and I suppose being that all my coins are accounted for post a really long day, and one I never want to experience again thank you, we are all fine. We had a nice long talk some with the dictionary, some with Lori, some with God, and some with Papa and things are smooth today. I'd love to tell you that was a fat April fools joke, but it was not. Real as I am sitting here posting. Once again, Lori and I partied here through the storm, and today is a new day. His mercies are new, and so are mine, even though I confess, that is a wee bit of a struggle in moments.

We got the paper notarized this am for John and Kevin's birthcertificates. Tomorrow I get to go with G. and get those and start the process to get the new id #'s. Can't wait. Love to give out candy makes me feel like I am "trick or treating." Please note full expression of sarcasm. I give all the treats and hope not to get tricked ;) Nice place for a visit Ukraine.

Speaking of visits.... I started yesterday day dreaming about how cool it would be to run into President Bush. He would look at the bags under my eyes and say, "I'll talk to some folks, how would you like to pack and have a ride home on Airforce One?" I know you think I am crazy, and at this point, your right... That did not happen. However, this morning when Anna and Max and I were crossing the street heading past the Kharkivska Mc. D's on our way to the Metro I heard sirens. I looked up, saw a caravan of Black SUV's, and a Limo, and have no doubt in my mind since that is the way to the airport that I was looking at my President ride by. I had a Steve Green moment. Complete with whispering in my son's ear, that was MY PRESIDENT. He is YOUR PRESIDENT too... His smile could have stopped a train, I know it stopped my heart. I needed the reminder, and I know this sounds so hokie, that my time here is short (and no I'm not laughing, but in the scope of life, and to accomplish this goal to change lives it is) and I am not home yet. Home is where that limo is heading... and that isn't even really home... but if it's the same to the rest of you good folks, it is the next step for me thanks.

To my Brother Chris and his lovely Bride Gina... I say grinning, something reminding me of my time here... hummmmm I am just not into flames man... Gotta stick with the girly butterfly because since I was a kid I have always been fascinated with them... If you have never read "Hope for the Flowers."  You should... it is the epic of the human condition, the story of my time here in some ways... especially the "caterpillar pile" if that is not the Metro or the mentality I do not know what is...

Props to you good folk who have walked this road and given advice... mine for the day are in the words of Dr. Sydney Fieldstien from MASH: "Ladies and Gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice." Which is to say, take it one day at time, God's got it, and your job is just to take the ride. Not all of this ride is easy, you have been reading this blog, but when your Daughter crys and tells you "I love you I'm sorry I want to go to America." you get the point that it is worth all the effort in the end. I'm bringing home 4 great kids folks. Talented, funny, bright, and please do not forget lost... These are not "nice church kids" who at least look at you like they really give a rip when you are talking to them... these are just "nice kids" who have had one wicked, and I do mean wicked, start in life and need all the love and support they can get to learn to make it... Keep praying us through ya'll... we make it cause you do...

Blessings,

Jenn, John, Anna, Kevin and Max...

1 comment:

Smith Family ~ "Party of Six" said...

I love you! Thank you for my bible study tonight! You rock. I have been praying all day, "Lord, what do I share tonight." It is getting close to time to go to church, and I checked the blog, and there it was." Thank you for letting your life and journey share Christ to others. I hate that part of your journey is suffering right now, but Christ said it would be like this at times. I love you so much! I ache with you over what you are going through, but also rejoice. Press on! Hike on as Blake would tell you, you leg of the race there is almost over.