Thursday, December 20, 2007

Peaceful

Mom is helping address my Nana's Christmas cards, the dogs are all sprawled out sleeping in corners and on couches (I know I know), the tree is lit, Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas is playing on the radio while Mom hums it, Nana is swaying her feet in the recliner listening along... who knew at almost 90 she would like Bebo Norman? I love it. & I need this moment.

I have struggled with the loss of my Pop Pop so much. This Christmas is so bitter sweet for me. So amazing that we are so close the the children... we leave on the 16th, and yet so hard for me to know that Pop Pop who I love so much will not be here to meet them. I know that it is from pure selfishness that I miss him. He is in heaven with Jesus and is so much better off than any of us are here. It means so much to me that Mom and Dad have come here for a couple of days and brought my Nana. Dad is outside working with Mark and Brother Frankie on getting everything done for tomorrow when the man will come to pour concrete for our new shed in the back. Today has been a day that Pop Pop would be so proud of because of he way that it has gone so amazing from the start.

Yesterday we had no idea that we would be able to do today and tomorrow for sure what we hoped. God has provided in abundance for us. He provided the papers we needed from the contractor, the approval from he city, a friend of our family who does pest control came on short notice and sprayed for us, the city inspector came out and declared what the guys got done in no time just the three of them ready for tomorrow. & They got the rebar in and done before the rain came. It had just started as they were cleaning up. Mom and Nana & I prayed this morning for God to hold it off so it could get done so we would be ready for tomorrow. I was so thankful ya'll... so thankful.

We are going to celebrate Nana's 90th birthday tonight early since Mark and I will be in UA in Feb and miss the actual day. I'm excited to have that time with her. To shaIt this blessing with my parents and my husband is really precious to me. I will miss being there on the actual day but this will help me to know that we have done all we can to share love with her before we go. She said making the drive was hard on her because she laid down for the time. But she said that she was enjoying every minute with us here and comments on how nice it is and peaceful. I am so thankful that she is here you can't know. My grandparents mean the world to me. Mark and I have tried to go and to spend time with them as often in the last 9 years as we could. He has been great to me to always let me go when I needed to be home if it was for illness or celebration. That is not easy as a Pastor's wife to just drop responsibilities and go, but Mark has been so good and I have appreciated his goodness to me and to them over the years. It has been so much sweeter to me this last 5 years as their health has been in decline. He is good to me to always be supportive even when it means I am gone on 30 min. notice and gone for weeks at that. He has been so good. I have a wonderful honey! He is going to be an amazing Dad :)

Damian came home last night and spent time with the family. He and my parents and Nana talked about investments. It was funny to see him as our "adult child" listening and really taking in all they shared. He was so good with Nana. It was awesome for my folks to share advice with him. To encourage his choices about his future and how to work toward some financial security... just to be there and watch I just kept praying and thanking God for each moment it was so special. I love that boy so much. He had grown into such an awesome young man. I am proud of him for so much, not the least of which that he serves our county in he Airforce. He would think nothing of that, but it is huge to me. He has come so far in this life with God's help. He is such a work of His hands and I see Jesus in him each time we spend time with him.

I am excited about going to get the kids. Praying for them and for them to know that we love them miss them and are coming for them. I pray for the Graces who are there that they might see our precious girl and encourage her heart. I just feel she needs it so much. I want her to know we are going to be there. I want to just be with each of them and hug them and hold them and begin this bonding process.

Giver of creation, bringer of salvation
Word of God, eternal life
Praise the Son of God
Promised One of Heaven
To bring us to your Kingdom
Rescued us from darkness
Praise the Son of God

(chorus)
Jesus, light of the world
Shine on us, shine on us
Word of life, spoken for love
Breathe on us, breathe on us
Light of the world, King Jesus

Darkness will obey your voice
Weakness will in you rejoice
You have bound the broken heart
Praise the Son of God
Jesus
You have shown your father's heart
And to us you will impart
The holiness of all you are
Praise the Son of God

(chorus)

Shine, breathe, live through us (4x)

(chorus 2x)

God's beating heart, live through us (3x)
Light of the world, King Jesus
King Jesus, shine on us, shine on us

Thank you Lord. Thank you... 

No comments: