Saturday, December 29, 2007

Dress rehersal...

"For this reason I say to you, do not be anxious for your life, as to what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor for your body, as to what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single cubit to his life's span? And why are you anxious about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory did not clothe himself like one of these. But if God so arrays the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more do so for you, O men of little faith? Do not be anxious then, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'With what shall we clothe ourselves?' For all these things the Gentiles eagerly seek; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." -(Matthew 6:25-34)

Ok so today Mark and I have been cleaning out our garage to make room for the storage bins that will accomidate what used to be my sewing/craft jazz/what ever you have left over that you cram into what used to be spare closets which are now your CHILDRENS closets! & have I mentioned in 17 days we are leaving??? OMGosh!

It was also go to Khols and get the "Big Ones" towels on sale for a mere $2.49 each in Navy and DARK brown b/c according to all my Mom friends boys need dark towels they are very dirty creatures! :) I LOVE MUD so this will not offend me nor be a problem. Dirt is cool in fact I know b/c it is God's favorit medium don't knock it! However in the interest of long range planning... dark colors it is. Also picked out the softest most lovely and girly bathrobe I could find for the most beautiful princessa on the planet. It is long past time for her to be pampered. I am praying to spend the rest of my life correcting that issue :) I found Bed in Bags on sale and got one for each wild man. & then was like that is it game over I have to get home! Our number one son is in town this weekend and we got a chance to spend some time with Damian over dinner which is always a treat! He and Mark are gaming tonight hence my time to blog and settle down peacefully with my keyboard. :) Cyber journals... love it.

Spent another hour or so picking through my closet having a mini freak out over what to wear to court in UA. It is cold. It is snowy. It is cold, did I mention it is cold? I am digging in my closet thinking about all this when the Holy Spirit reminds me this is not a major issue for Him.... and should not be for me either. Problem solved. Jesus is the ultimate Easy Button :) & in case you want to know, black skirt and red top. I know, I know, red is a loud color and a power color and could be considered provoking etc... but I look good in red dang it :) if I do say so myself and I did, and so I want to feel confident that day or at least pretend that I am feeling confident! :) so red it is!

You know walking through Kohls with all those stinking towels... I know the people thought I must be like planning on bathing an army. It was funny, and some how, empowering... by the same token listening to another woman who is already a Mom pick out stuff on clearance to "put away for next year" when her son will be this and so size was kind of stinky because I was standing there guessing if my boys would fit in any thing I was looking at...and I want to do something for them to take with me you know?

I am learning. :) Tomorrow ... we take on the dreaded closets... if I do not post for days... please come dig me out I do not want to miss our flight! :)

Lovin,

J

No comments: