Sunday, November 18, 2007

Catching Up...

There are some amazing things to catch you up on and I wanted to make sure before too much more time went by that I shared some of them.

For starters, Ms. Brenda and several other ladies at the church held a pot luck Spaghetti dinner for our family in hopes of raising money for our kids plane tickets home. It was a great afternoon of fellowship and was such a big success. We were told the church raised $728.00 for us. Upon further review of the checks when we got home we found out that a check that had been counted in as a $200 check was not in fact $200, but $2000.00!!!!! How is that for pot luck? We were so excited to share with the church later that God had blessed and they had helped with their obedience to raise 3 plane tickets for our kids ;) HUGE BLESSING~

We have never asked for any funding from our church family. We did not think it was right because they take care of us as staff family and we have not wanted to add any financial pressure to the church and our friends there. I have prayed and prayed that God would help us as He is calling us to this adoption to take care of the funds. He chose to answer through the very folks I did not want to burden. His ways are higher than mine and I am learning even more humility as he turns a great idea and some pasta cooked with love into plane tickets. I do not know why it is hard for us to receive things from others. In one way I know that I would share with anyone else, do not rob people of blessing you. That has been my council to numerous folks, but some how when it is you getting the blessing, it seems overwhelming. I do not count myself worthy of blessings like these, I would pray for them for others, but never expect them for us... and that is limited thinking. & God's hands are not to be tied by my opinions of how things should go, imagine that!? :)

We are following along on everyone else's adventure in UA. It has been a blessing and it has been hard all at the same time. I miss our kids and keep thinking I just want to get there, but at the same time I know that His plans are perfect and He knows when He wants us where for each divine appointment with children and nationals that we will meet and spend time with while we are there ;) My head and heart know this, but occasionally there is a disconnect when my heart over rides especially right now with Thanksgiving and Christmas so close.

Mark and I will spend Christmas in Milton together with Damian and the puppies. We are glad  have Thanksgiving here in Jax and to be with family, but it will be good to be quiet with friends in Milton too. We haven't shared much here on the blog about Damian and I think he should have his own entry so I will save that for later, but for now just please know we love him very much and he has been an important part of our family for 8 years now ;) We have watched him grow up from a teenager into an Airman in the USAirforce. He is a huge part of our hearts and a special member of our family. We are thankful that he will be the big brother to our fab five :)

The West's come home tonight. What a special thing to know they will be on the ground in Bham in 45 min. with their beautiful children. & so many others will be home soon with theirs too. Praise you Jesus for adding children to our families, and for giving us the chance to share your love with them.

Peace out ;)

Jenn

 

 

No comments: